Daily Vocabulary Analysis 7 December 2019
Here you can read Vocabulary words and synonyms, opposite words, make-sentence and meaning very clearly. You can also download PDF File of this post – Daily Vocabulary Analysis 7 December 2019. We have provided a download link at the bottom of the page.
1. Steadfast (adjective) :
- Meaning: Staying the same for a long time and not changing quickly or unexpectedly. (दृढ़, अचल)
- Synonyms: Resolute, Unwavering, Unfaltering, Unswerving
- Antonyms: Hesitant, Dithering, Fluctuating, Teetering
- Example: He remained steadfast in his belief.
2.Resoundingly (adverb) :
- Meaning: Completely or in a very definite way. (भरपूर/पूर्ण रूप से)
- Synonyms: Definitely, Indubitably, Unquestionably, Emphatically
- Antonyms: Ambiguously, Vaguely, Uncertainly, Indistinctly
- Example: She was resoundingly supported by the spectators.
3.Hypocrisy (noun) :
- Meaning: The practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case. (पाखंड, ढोंग)
- Synonyms: Pretence, Humbug, Posturing, Dissimulation
- Antonyms: Sincerity, Genuineness, Candour, Naturalness
- Example: It all turned out to be sham and hypocrisy.
4.Assiduously (adverb) :
- Meaning: in a way that involves great care and attention to detail. (परिश्रम से
- Synonyms: Diligently, Sedulously, Painstakingly, Strenuously
- Antonyms: Inactively, Indolently, Lazily, Idly
- Example: Leaders worked assiduously to hammer out an action plan.
5.Smother (verb) :
- Meaning: To suppress expression or knowledge of something. (दबाना, छिपना)
- Synonyms: Suppress, Conceal, Stifle, Repress, Restrain
- Antonyms: Express, Vent, Articulate, Utter
- Example: The girls tried to smother their giggles.
6.Warring (adjective) :
- Meaning: Warring countries or groups of people are at war with each other. (युद्धरत)
- Synonyms: Fighting, Belligerent, Combatant, Conflicting, At Loggerheads
- Antonyms: Friendly, Affable, Amicable, Cordial
- Example: The warring sides have agreed on an unconditional ceasefire.
7.Antithetical (adjective) :
- Meaning: Directly opposed or contrasted; mutually incompatible. (विरोधात्मक, के विपरीत)
- Synonyms: Contrary To, Adverse, Contradictory, At Odds With
- Antonyms: Identical, Analogous, Equivalent, Alike
- Example: Their priorities are antithetical to those of environmentalists.
8.Proponent (noun) :
- Meaning: A person who speaks publicly in support of a particular idea or plan of action. (समर्थक)
- Synonyms: Supporter, Exponent, Adherent, Champion
- Antonyms: Antagonist, Opponent, Detractor, Critic
- Example: He is one of the leading proponents of capital punishment.
9.Ostracise (verb) :
- Meaning: To avoid someone intentionally, or to prevent someone from taking part in the activities of a group. (बहिष्कार करना)
- Synonyms: Exclude, Banish, Shun, Boycott, Cold-Shoulder
- Antonyms: Welcome, Accept, Include, Embrace
- Example: The princess was ostracised for marrying a rich bourgeois.
10.Brook (verb) :
- Meaning: To allow or accept something, esp. a difference of opinion or intention. (होने देना, सहन करना)
- Synonyms: Tolerate, Endure, Countenance, Stomach, Thole
- Antonyms: Tolerate, Endure, Countenance, Stomach, Thole
- Example: He would brook no interruptions from his listeners.