Daily Vocabulary Analysis 6 December 2019
Here you can read Vocabulary words and synonyms, opposite words, make-sentence and meaning very clearly. You can also download PDF File of this post – Daily Vocabulary Analysis 6 December 2019. We have provided a download link at the bottom of the page.
1. Pliant (adjective) :
- Meaning: Willing to accept change; easy to influence or control. (आसानी से वश में आने वाला)
- Synonyms: Docile, Yielding, Susceptible, Malleable
- Antonyms: Inflexible, Stubborn, Obdurate, Obstinate
- Example: The government wanted to make the press more pliant.
2.Ubiquity (noun) :
- Meaning: The fact of appearing everywhere or of being very common. (सर्वव्यापकता)
- Synonyms: Universality, Omnipresence, Prevalence, Pervasiveness
- Antonyms: Rareness, Localization, Uncommonness
- Example: The ubiquity of mobile phones means you don’t really need a watch.
3.Hubris (noun) :
- Meaning: Excessive pride or self-confidence. (अभिमान)
- Synonyms: Arrogance, Conceit, Vanity, Haughtiness
- Antonyms: Modesty, Humility, Meekness, Diffidence
- Example: As a Christian I am well aware that pride and hubris precede a fall.
4.Staid (adjective) :
- Meaning: Boring and old-fashioned. (ग़ैरदिलचस्प, रूढ़ि-गत)
- Synonyms: Conventional, Traditional, Unadventurous, Unenterprising
- Antonyms: Exciting, Adventurous, Daring, Enterprising
- Example: Their music seems rather staid in comparison to Rollins’ music.
5.Dovetail (verb) :
- Meaning: If two things dovetail or if one thing dovetails with another, they fit together well. (अनुरूप होना)
- Synonyms: Fit In, Go Together, Be In Tune, Tally
- Antonyms: Differ, Disagree, Mismatch
- Example: My plans dovetailed nicely with hers.
6.Vilify (verb) :
- Meaning: To say or write unpleasant things about somebody/something so that other people will have a low opinion of them. (बदनाम करना)
- Synonyms: Malign, Denigrate, Libel, Slander
- Antonyms:Commend, Lionize, Compliment, Exalt
- Example: He has been vilified in the press.
7.Expend (verb) :
- Meaning: Spend or use up (a resource such as money or energy). (उपभोग करना, खपाना)
- Synonyms: Use, Utilize, Burn Up, Exhaust, Use Up
- Antonyms: Save, Conserve, Keep, Store
- Example: She expended all her efforts on the care of home and children.
8.Cloak (verb) :
- Meaning: To cover or hide something. (छिपाना)
- Synonyms: Cover, Conceal, Hide, Veil
- Antonyms: Unmask, Reveal, Exhibit, Divulge Example: The hills were cloaked in thick mist.
- Example: The hills were cloaked in thick mist.
9.Inalienable (adjective) :
- Meaning: That cannot be taken away from you. (जो अलग किया न जा सके)
- Synonyms: Inviolable, Indefeasible, Inbred, Imprescriptible
- Antonyms: Conveyable, Transferrable, Assignable
- Example: The shareholders have the inalienable right to dismiss directors.
10.Fluidity (noun) :
- Meaning: The quality of being likely to change. (अस्थिरता)
- Synonyms: Changeability, Mutability, Variability, Volatility
- Antonyms: Fixedness, Inflexibility, Rigidness
- Example: The fluidity of ideas leads to a disorientation of familiar assumptions.