Daily Vocabulary Analysis 23 November 2019
Here you can read Vocabulary words and synonyms, opposite words, make-sentence and meaning very clearly. You can also download PDF File of this post – Daily Vocabulary Analysis 23 November 2019. We have provided a download link at the bottom of the page.
Vocabulary Words at a glance
1.Tweak (verb) :
- Meaning: To make slight changes to a machine, system, etc. to improve it. (परिवर्तन करना)
- Synonyms: Adjust, Modify, Alter, Adapt
- Antonyms: Continue, Remain, Stay, Persist
- Example: I think you’ll have to tweak these figures a little before you show them to the boss.
2.Diktat (noun) :
- Meaning: An order given by a government. (आदेश)
- Synonyms: Order, Decree, Fiat, Edict
- Antonyms: Request, Appeal, Entreaty, Requisition
- Example: By militant diktat no Kashmiri pays income or sales tax nor electricity or water bills.
3.Predominantly (adverb) :
- Meaning: Mainly; for the most part. (मुख्यतः)
- Synonyms: Mainly, Mostly, Principally, Chiefly, Predominately
- Antonyms: Partially, Partly, Somewhat
- Example: The city’s population is predominantly Irish.
4. Tardy (adjective) :
- Meaning: Slow to act, move or happen; late in happening or arriving. (मन्द)
- Synonyms: Slow, Sluggish, Laggard, Dilatory
- Antonyms: Prompt, Punctual, Brisk, Swift
- Example: The law is often tardy in reacting to changing attitudes.
5.Amicable (adjective) :
- Meaning: Done or achieved in a polite or friendly way and without arguing. (मैत्रीपूर्ण)
- Synonyms: Friendly, Harmonious, Cordial, Amiable
- Antonyms: Disagreeable, Rude, Hostile, Unrefined
- Example: The two nations settled their quarrel in an amicable way.
6.Deference (noun) :
- Meaning: Behaviour that shows that you respect somebody/something. (सम्मान)
- Synonyms: Respectfulness, Regard, Esteem, Reverence, Veneration
- Antonyms: Disrespect, Dishonour, Disregard, Contempt
- Example: He treated Dean with extreme deference.
7.Dispense (verb) :
- Meaning: To provide something, especially a service, for people. (प्रदान करना, वितरित करना)
- Synonyms: Bestow, Hand Out, Confer, Dole Out
- Antonyms: Collect, Gather, Amass, Compile
- Example: It’s their job to dispense information effectively and accurately.
8.Adept (adjective) :
- Meaning: Good at doing something that is quite difficult. (दक्ष)
- Synonyms: Skilful, Proficient, Accomplished, Masterly
- Antonyms: Incompetent, Inept, Unskilled, Ignorant
- Example: Other countries are more adept at keeping their judges in check.
9.Dilution (noun) :
- Meaning: The act of making something weaker or less effective. (दुर्बलीकरण)
- Synonyms: Weakening, Enfeeblement, Attenuation, Devitalization
- Antonyms: Strengthening, Reinforcement, Buttressing, Fortification
- Example: Any dilution of standards must be resisted.
10.Acumen (noun) :
- Meaning: The ability to make good judgements and take quick decisions. (कुशाग्रता)
- Synonyms: Astuteness, Shrewdness, Acuity, Perspicacity
- Antonyms: Stupidity, Insensitivity, Obtuseness, Denseness
- Example: He had demonstrated considerable business acumen.